KNOW BETTER NEW YORK CONNECTIONS
New York Insurance Association Elects 2018 Officers and Board of Directors
(518) 432-4227 or (518) 312-3315
NEW YORK INSURANCE ASSOCIATION ELECTS 2018 OFFICERS AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS
ALBANY, N.Y.—The New York Insurance Association (NYIA) elected its 2018 officers and board of directors.
The following officers were elected for a one-year term ending Dec. 31, 2018:
Chair: Elizabeth Heck, president and chief executive officer, Greater New York Mutual Insurance Company, New York, N.Y.
First vice chair: Mark Prechtl, executive vice president/chief executive officer, Chautauqua Patrons Insurance Company, Jamestown, N.Y.
Second vice chair: Charles Makey, senior vice president, insurance operations, Merchants Insurance Group, Buffalo, N.Y.
Treasurer: Norman Orlowski, Jr., president/chief executive officer, Erie and Niagara Insurance Association, Williamsville, N.Y.
The following directors were elected for a three-year term ending Dec. 31, 2020:
- Edward Harper, president and chief executive officer, Mid-Hudson Co-Operative Insurance Company, Montgomery, N.Y.
- Stephen Harris, president and chief executive officer, Sterling Insurance Company, Cobleskill, N.Y.
- Mark Prechtl, executive vice president/chief executive officer, Chautauqua Patrons Insurance Company, Jamestown, N.Y.
- Kristofer Snader, senior director, government relations, Nationwide Insurance, Harrisburg, Pa.
The following directors were elected for a one-year term ending Dec. 31, 2018:
- Jaynine Warner, legislative affairs–North Atlantic, Farmers Group, Inc., Wilmington, De.
- Patrick O’Malley, general manager, commercial lines, Progressive Casualty Insurance Company, Mayfield Village, Oh.
The New York Insurance Association (NYIA®) is a state trade association that has represented the property and casualty insurance industry for more than 130 years.