KNOW BETTER NEW YORK CONNECTIONS
Join – Overview
Why Should You Join?
NYIA’s members truly set the direction of the association. The organization’s committee structure encourages participation and allows the membership to determine how NYIA can most effectively work to encourage a better business environment in New York. NYIA’s membership includes both national and regional carriers, domestics and non-domestics, collectively writing nearly $14 billion annually in New York premium. The association represents stock, mutual, and cooperative insurers writing in every county of New York State. Our diverse membership is one of the greatest assets of the association.
Benefits of Membership
NYIA’s core purpose is to advocate and educate on behalf of our members and to be the resource of choice for property and casualty issues. NYIA has taken a leadership role in monitoring and shaping the state’s legislative and regulatory environment of the property and casualty industry. In addition, the association has established a substantial and successful Political Action Committee.
NYIA produces a variety of timely, informative publications available to all members. Members have the ability to customize their membership to their preferences, so the information received from NYIA is specific to the needs of each member.
Programs & Services
NYIA offers a variety of programs and services to members, including an annual conference, an annual meeting, educational programs, forums with key public policymakers and industry experts, and group discounts for publications, subscriptions and reporting mandates.
Our goal is to better educate the public and decision makers about insurance issues while working to improve the image of the industry. We offer a comprehensive statewide program publicizing NYIA’s perspective through a variety of public relations and marketing initiatives.
NYIA is seen as an expert on New York insurance issues and regularly receives inquiries from media outlets resulting in coverage in New York, national and trade publications.
We offer numerous benefits to reinsurer and subscriber members to assist them with their marketing efforts, including advertising in our publications at a discounted price, sponsorship of our events, writing informational articles for our magazine, presenting on educational topics, a reduction in the fee to attend and/or exhibit at the Annual Conference and attending other events either complimentary or at a discounted price.
NYIA is a great mechanism for networking with decision makers in the property and casualty field. Our Annual Conference is widely considered as the premier New York property and casualty event of the year.
Full Insurer – Annual amount is based on direct premiums written in New York. Call NYIA at 518.432.4227 for a quote.
Full Insurer Members are members duly admitted to membership which are property and casualty insurance companies, societies or organizations licensed to engage in one or more lines of insurance business in the State of New York.
Reinsurer – $5,500 annually
Reinsurer members are members duly admitted to membership which
i) are insurers accredited in New York State in compliance with the Insurance Law of New York, to engage in the business of reinsurance, or;
ii) an organization or person licensed as a Reinsurance Intermediary under Section 2106 of the Insurance Law of New York as a Reinsurance Intermediary.
Subscriber – $1,800 annually
Subscribing members are members duly admitted to membership including any person or organization having any interest in the welfare of the insurance industry that does not have any direct written premium (vendor, law firm, association, etc.). Subscribing members cannot lobby and represent other non-member insurance companies.
Affiliate – $1,800 annually
Affiliate members are members duly admitted to membership including any association, organization, corporation or law firm that does not have any direct written premium and engages in lobbying (i.e. a national trade association, lobbying firm).
Please review the association’s Bylaws. You can view online and download and save the PDF. Please keep a copy for your records.
Please complete the NYIA Membership Application then click the Submit button to attach the completed application as a PDF to a new email or you can print application to complete then either scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 518.432.4220 or mail to New York Insurance Association, Inc., Attn: Stacey Orlando, Corporate Secretary, 130 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12210.
All applications for membership shall be approved as follows:
- Membership application submit to NYIA Corporate Secretory, Stacey Orlando (email@example.com)
- The Corporate Secretary submits the application to the membership committee for approval.
- The Membership Committee must approve the application for membership; and
- Then the Corporate Secretary shall send a written notice to each member of the Board of Directors that the application for membership has been received, approved and recommended by the Membership Committee; and
- Unless one or more Director(s) notifies the Corporate Secretary within ten days after sending the written notice by the Corporate Secretary, that the Director(s) wish to have the application for membership considered at a regular or special meeting of the Board of Directors, the application for membership shall be deemed approved effective the eleventh day after the sending of the notice by the Corporate Secretary; and
- If one or more Director(s) notifies the Corporate Secretary within ten days after the sending of the notice by the Corporate Secretary that the Director(s) wish to have the application for membership considered at a regular or special meeting of the Board of Directors, the application for membership shall not be approved, unless the Board of Directors approves the application for membership.