KNOW BETTER NEW YORK CONNECTIONS
NYIA Leadership | Director | Scott Shatraw
President & CEO
Utica First Insurance Company
Scott Shatraw serves as president & CEO of Utica First Insurance Company, which is a $225+ million Super Regional property & casualty insurance company. Mr. Shatraw has been associated with Utica First Insurance Company for 30 years and in previous roles has served as senior vice president, CFO, treasurer, corporate secretary, vice president of finance, assistant vice president of systems & internal planning and controller/assistant treasurer.
Mr. Shatraw is dynamic and creative with a strong expertise in control, treasury, financial reporting, operations, information technology, marketing, strategic planning and financing activities.
He is a board member of the New York Insurance Association.
- BS in Accounting at LeMoyne College, Syracuse NY
- Certified Public Accountant License in the State of NY
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter Designation
- Effective Executive Speaking Course through the American Management Association (2017)
- Executive Education Program Darden School of Business University of Virginia (2017)
Professional & Industry Associations:
- Board Member of the American Property Casualty Insurance Association (APCIA)
- Board Member of New York Insurance Association (NYIA)
- Member of the M&T Bank Directors Advisory Council
- Member of the American Institute and the New York Association of CPA’s
- Member of the National and Local CPCU Society
Community Activity Past & Present
- Current Board Member and Treasurer of the Rescue Mission of Utica
- Current Board Member of CNYHHN (a subsidiary of Utica Cerebral Palsy)
- Past Board President of the Stanley Theater (2,900-seat Performing Arts Theater)
Within two years turned a profit after many years of annual losses.
- Past Chairman of New Members of the Local CPCU Society & Board Secretary
- Past Youth coach for baseball, soccer and basketball
- Past President of the Clinton Parents Music Organization