KNOW BETTER NEW YORK CONNECTIONS
Mandates for Businesses to Reopen
The New York State Department of Health has issued reopening guideline documents for industries allowed to re-open in Phase II. These guidelines are minimum requirements only and any employer is free to provide additional precautions or increased restrictions. These guidelines are based on the best-known public health practices at the time of Phase II of the State’s reopening, and the documentation upon which these guidelines are based can and does change frequently. The Responsible Parties are accountable for adhering to all local, state and federal requirements relative their business activities. The Responsible Parties are also accountable for staying current with any updates to these requirements, as well as incorporating same into any business activities and/or Site Safety Plan.
Below are links to Phase II industry Read and Affirm Detailed Guidelines and Summary Guidelines indicating what is mandatory for employers.
- In-Store Retail (Essential and Phase II)
- Retail Rental, Repair, and Cleaning
- Malls; specifically, any indoor common portions of retail shopping malls with 100,000 or more square feet of retail space available for lease; however, any stores located within shopping malls, which have their own external entrances open to the public, separate from the general mall entrance (e.g. strip malls), may open;
- Dine-in and on-premise restaurant or bar service, excluding take-out or delivery for off-premise consumption;
- Large gathering/event venues, including but not limited to establishments that host concerts, conferences, or other in-person performances or presentations in front of an in-person audience;
- Gyms, fitness centers, and exercise classes, except for remote or streaming services;
- Video lottery and casino gaming facilities;
- Movie theaters, except drive-ins; and
- Places of public amusement whether indoors or outdoors, including but not limited to, locations with amusement rides, carnivals, amusement parks, water parks, aquariums, zoos, arcades, fairs, children’s play centers, funplexes, theme parks, bowling alleys, family and children’s attractions.